20050715

Thank you, Goodnight

I'll be removing myself from the blogosphere for awhile. I think I'd rather call my friends, write a letter, or sit down over a cup of coffee. The problem with blogging is everything is taken out of context. It's hard to communicate ideas and thoughts seeped in the emotion of the moment and not get an immediate reaction from a persons facial expression, laugh, or sigh. The great thing about verbal communication (aside form the obvious) is the rush of words as they exit your mouth, the excitement of a good conversation with a good friend. This often involves a cigarette or sleep deprivation but they're not a neccesity.
Additionally, I think we are the most overdocumented generation ever. I mean why are airing are personal diaries to the world only to turn around and bitch about a lack of privacy in modern society. If you create the world you live in, then eventually nothing will be a secret held bewteen two.
Do we really need more opinions out there? I admit, there is something democratizing about posting homemade music, photos, and writings without the help or need of someone with money. But if I was King I'd put the kabash (sp?) on most so called creative endeavors including my own and tell everyone to get back to work.
When Scientologists, I mean Aliens, discover the remains of our lost world they'll say, "goddamn what a clever bunch of self absorbed fat asses" (cause the obesity thing will do us in).
The blog may fall the way of the rubik's cube or chia pet who knows. For now I'm upping my cell phone minutes.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude-

You can't leave. Your insights are great!

Your point in this post is well taken, though.

5:29 AM  
Blogger gulfsidebo said...

Blog blog blog blog.
Some of us have kids and no time to chat on the phone. Blog blog blog blog.

I like your rants and raves. You need more raves.

How bout music suggestions?

Here's one for you:
Clarinet Marmalade: 25 Great Jazz Clarinettists

or

anything by Iron and Wine....and you thought nothing good could come out of Florida. This guy is the best thing to happen to folk music.

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"That the powerful play goes on and I may contribute a verse." -Walt Whitman.

When my kids learn about the Gulf War or Bush or the end of our civil liberties, inevitably they will ask if I did anything about it. My students ask me all the time. And so I tell them about protests when I was younger and all the stories that come with it. When they ask about these child-bearing/rearing years, I will point to newspaper columns and articles I've written, lessons I've taught impressionable children, and my blog. (I will also give them a mirror so they can look at my most important contribution to this world.)

It's easy to be cynical and aloof -I told you before that getting up and researching religions, political ideologies, and so on is a lot harder than sitting on the couch and bitching, "What's the point?"

If we leave important dialogue between friends and strangers up to Arianna Huffington - then we are all doomed, my friend. Quit if you want, but don't stop communicating in whatever medium fits with you. To suggest that this medium is flawed is short-sighted and a bit totalitarian. It doesn't work for you, fine. I get it.

Just by a headset cause those cell phone rays will eat a hole the size of a tumor in your head. I read that on a blog somewhere.

Party on, Wayne.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ron's "off the grid" because his new neighbors don't have free wi-fi signals to grab. That's my guess.

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm with earl on this one. .. .

ron's departure from any sphere is always traceable back to money, hence the sentiment to "get back to work".

there's no flaw in logic. nothing arguable about ron's final presentation of blogging inefficiencies and shortcomings.

But the truth is that those who lead just do. and no leader is a leader forever, just a leader to the next destination. at the next destination, some get off and some stay on the bus. sometimes the leader is the same, but no one cares as long as there is a leader.

Ron's a natural leader as perhaps most of the readers of his blog are... ron, it's just nice to have had a break with you at the helm.

Carry on in faith, hope, love.

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ron, if you quit now, who's gonna write that review of the Peachy Chicken recipe on the back of the malt vinegar bottles? Mike? No chance.

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't go...

7:16 PM  
Blogger GIRL'S GONE CHILD said...

hello ron. i read your site. bye for now.

11:39 PM  
Blogger gulfsidebo said...

ron, come back. i miss your blog. i have no life!

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I performed a routine installation at Ron's new apartment this week. He'll be back in the matrix soon, very soon.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home