20050613

Enough about me...

I live in Los Angeles. Don't ask me why. The rent is high, the streets are clogged, and most of the people suck. I moved here 4 years ago from sunny Tampa, Fl. I hated LA when I came to visit but it was a necessary move. I was dreading the idea of turning 30 in Florida, having lived there all my life.
My first apartment was above a comic book store on Melrose with a college friend. For those first couple months I mostly sat around drinking coffee and thinking, "what the hell am I doing here?"
A long distance breakup of a fresh relationship sealed the deal. And before I knew it I was working "in the industry". This was pretty much a guarantee due to connections and the fact that any idiot could work in TV.
Once I had a little cash LA wasn't so bad. A night out was expensive but it always seemed cooler because I was living in Hollywood. My super small $800 single in WEHO seemed normal after awhile...(to be continued)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

christ, just what I need. Another self-absorbed blog I have to visit. It's under my web site favorites link, Ronnie. I gotcha dialed in between "California Earthquake Predictions" and "Box Office Mojo"

Feel the love.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home